When creating an event, having a ticketing system is one of the most required things you should have. With the Eventify theme, it is possible to create these bookable tickets with the integration of other plugins.
- Woocommerce Bookings
- WP Job Manager Products Plugin
Add Ticket as a Product:
- Products > Add New. Give a name to the product so it’s easily identified later. On the Add new page give details of the event in the description section.
- Product Data section: Details needed for the product to be like a ticket.
(i) Product Type – select “Bookable Product”. Check on Virtual and Has person checkboxes.
(ii) General Tab:
To set booking duration (event duration) admin can set fixed or custom blocks of time. For Example: If the product is a movie ticket then the fixed block will be equal to the duration of the movie (say 3hrs).
If the event ticket is for a conference with multiple guest speakers throughout the day event then the duration could be set to 1 day.
(iii) Availability tab:
To set no. of seats/show and other related details:
Max Bookings per block – total no. of seats available per show of the event. Min/Max bookable block – how early or how late an event can be booked.
Can also add buffer periods before and after each block/show.
Set the time when the 1st show starts
Admin can also block certain days from getting booked
To set cost/booking
Here one can also set different cost for different hours/days/weeks/months
For Eg: Admin can set different prices for weekdays and weekends
Min and Max persons allowed/booking can be set.
Can also enable person type. For Eg: if the admin wants to charge differently for different age groups.
- Admin can also add details like images, short description etc. Once the settings are added, publish the changes.
Link Product to an event:
- Event > Add new
- Put all the details regarding the Event in this page.
- In “Select Your Services & Products” choose the product/ticket you’ve created for the event.
- Publish the changes.
Booking the ticket:
- It can be seen from the frontend that the product/ticket is now displayed under the event just created.
- On clicking the ticket the user can see images, description etc regarding the product.
The user also sees Price, Person Types & Calendar to select date.
- On selecting the date the user can see the time slots and no. of seats left. Select the preferred slot and click Book Now and proceed to payment.